Teaching Pastor Adam Brock wraps up our series on James by exploring the intersection of faith, wealth, and the anticipation of Christ’s return.
- We should view our wealth and finances as a blessing from God to be used to further His kingdom, not as something to find ultimate security or trust in.
- Living in light of Christ’s promised return means facing each day with eager anticipation, patience during difficulties, and a desire to use our time and resources for eternal purposes.
- God calls us to consistently and fervently bring our needs and the needs of others before Him in prayer, trusting that He hears and wants to act on our behalf.
- While we are not guaranteed physical healing in this life, we can be certain that God hears us, sustains us through trials, and will complete the good work He has begun in us. The call for Christians is to trust in God’s will, whether it involves physical healing or enduring grace.
- True security and hope are found only by placing faith in Christ alone – His sinless life, atoning death, and victory over the grave on our behalf through the gospel.