- Everyone serves.
- God is the priority.
- His people are humble and disciplined.
- The community promotes health.
- Growth is personal and corporate.
- The community prepares for worship.
- God calls His people to remember His deliverance. (v. 9:1-14)
- God gives His people guidance for living. (v. 9:15-23)
- God speaks so His people can respond. (v. 10:1-10)
- Direction from leaders
- Community response to His leadership
- God moves His people to fulfill and bless. (v. 10:11-36)
- Organized activity
- Evangelistic appeal
- Worship response
- Is God supreme king or only trusted advisors? Of which generation do you want to be a part?
Prepare for next week: Spend some time preparing for next week by reading Numbers 11-13.
- In his sermon, David said, “What God was doing in the desert with his people, He does even more fulfillingly in us, through Christ.” Spend a few minutes reading Hebrews 9. What role does the Gospel play in your understanding of salvation? How does it shape your understanding of what it means to grow in your faith?
- If you are a believer who is struggling to grow, do you see the Gospel as a message primarily for unbelievers? Do you see God primarily as law-giver or redeemer? Spend some time meditating on Hebrews 13:20-21. Notice that it is not a list of laws that equips us, rather, it is the peace of God: “Now the God of peace, who brought up from the dead the great Shepherd of the sheep through the blood of the eternal covenant, even Jesus our Lord, equip you in every good thing to do His will, working in us that which is pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen.” (Also see Romans 8.)
- If you are not a believer, call our office at 337-480-1555 or reach out electronically. We would love to talk with you about it.
- David talked about how God’s guidance is essential for His people to move and follow Him. As believers, the primary source of God’s guidance is His word. If you’ve not begun a plan of studying the Bible, we have a resource that may help. Whatever you do, dig deep into the word. As David says, “we believe the Spirit of God uses the word of God to make us more like the Son of God.”