We are seeking a passionate and dynamic individual to join our team as an Activities Ministry Assistant. This role is responsible for supporting the Activities Minister in planning and directing various activities within the Trinity Center and Upward programs.
Definition & Summary of Position
Responsible to help the Activities Minister plan and direct all the Trinity Center & Upward activities for all age groups with the focus of building the Kingdom of Christ. Communicate effectively with the gym members and the community to what is going on at the Trinity Center.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and schedule all birthday parties done through the Trinity Center.
- Oversee and schedule all outside events, making sure they follow the liability guidelines set forth, such as insurance coverage and background checks.
- Manage and maintain cleaning of Fitness Equipment, Kidz Place, and Control Desk area.
- Help plan and coordinate all church activities, tournaments, and big events done through the Activities ministry.
- Plan weekly fitness classes and maintain the monthly gym calendar.
- Maintain all fitness instructors and trainers’ certifications are up to date.
- Help plan and coordinate other fitness camps outside of the regular scheduled classes.
- Maintain all social media channels, plan weekly posts for each page.
- Create and post signage around Trinity Center about upcoming events and changes.
- Communicate through IGO Figure any information to gym members.
- Schedule and call in any maintenance of all equipment in the Trinity Center area.
- Hire quality childcare and trinity center staff.
- Supervise and evaluate childcare workers regularly.
- Evaluate and enforce childcare staff and parent policies.
- Remain aware of accidents or injuries and behavioral disciplining of preschoolers, to keep records and communicate with the parents.
- Act as liaison between the Trinity Center Childcare and Activities Ministry of Trinity Baptist Church.
- Provide additional help with Upward programs and other Trinity Center sponsored events when needed, which may include evenings and/ or Saturdays periodically.
- Works hand in hand with the Front Desk Supervisor for gym activities and maintenance.
Necessary Knowledge and Skills
Important to have the ability to delegate responsibilities in big event situations. And it is crucial to possess supervisory skills to train, organize, and lead staff. Strong skills in communication and social media.
Must have a real salvation experience and a walk that reflects that experience. Should have an outgoing personality and enjoy building relationships with community members. Must have well-developed people skills and the ability to communicate effectively and at times manage conflict. It is essential to have the ability to work as a team player within the church and all its different ministries. And above all have a strong desire to be a reflection of Christ to the world.