A Brief History of Trinity
Trinity Baptist Church was born on August 19, 1926, with twelve members and was then named New Missionary Baptist Church. This small group met in a vacant house on Kirkman Street, but the group soon grew to over a hundred and bought property to build on the corner of Ryan and East Streets in September 1926.
In August 1996, Rev. Steve James was called as the Senior Pastor. On October 3, 1999, Trinity moved to its new campus on the corner of Country Club and Nelson Roads. The Trinity Center was completed in 2005, and features ministries centered around family fitness in a Christian environment. Trinity Kid's Place was opened in March 2010, as a state-of-the-art Preschool and Children's facility. Also, the Cavern Worship Venue began the same Sunday that TK's Place opened. Recognizing a growing Hispanic community in the Lake Area, Iglesis de Hispana Lake Charles, a Hispanic Worship Service launched January 6, 2013. With the continued growth of the Family, a second worship venue opened August 18, 2013.
Currently, Trinity has over 4,000 members and four Worship Venues on Sunday mornings. Trinity has a great desire to reach the lost with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. From the Lake Area to missions around the globe The Trinity Family has been active in starting churches and helping hurting people. In addition to seventy-two churches in Africa, Trinity has started five churches within the Lake Area: Emmanuel Baptist, Boulevard Baptist, Sale Street Baptist, Twelfth Street Baptist and Calvary Baptist.